*Click here to register for the Alumni BBQ*
The Alumni BBQ is the largest alumni gathering of the year and is a perfect opportunity for alumni, family and friends to come together. The LMU Alumni Association and our alumni volunteers cordially invite you and your family to celebrate the 61st Annual LMU Alumni BBQ in Sunken Garden on Sunday, Sept. 28.
The 61st Annual LMU Alumni BBQ Schedule:
9 a.m. 29th Annual 3-on-3 Alumni Basketball Tournament, Gersten Pavilion
10 a.m. Alumni Reunion Mass, Sacred Heart Chapel
Rich Robin, S.J., celebrant; Marc Reeves '93, S.J., homilist
11 a.m. - 5 p.m. The 61st Annual LMU Alumni BBQ, Sunken Garden
11:15 a.m. Undergraduate Admissions 101 Workshop, VDA Welcome Center
1 p.m. Meet and Greet with new LMU Men's Basketball Coach, Mike Dunlap '80, Sunken Garden
2 p.m. Free Screening of a Sundance New Frontier Film, Living Stars
(Argentina, 2013, 63 mins), Mayer Theater, Courtesy of SFTV and Ambulante Film Festival
4 p.m. LMU Women's Soccer vs. Cal State Northridge, Sullivan Field
*Receive free admission to the soccer game with your Alumni BBQ name tag
$30 per adult* pre-registration / $35 at the door
$10 per youth (13-20) pre-registration / $15 at the door
FREE for kids (12 and under)
FREE for Golden Lions and a guest - Golden Lions are alumni from Loyola University and Marymount College that have celebrated their 50th class reunion (graduates from the class of 1964 or earlier).
*A portion of the alumni ticket price will support LMU’s Greatest Needs
Click here to register by Sunday, Sept. 21!
The BBQ will take place rain or shine. We are unable to issue refunds after Sept. 19.
Join the conversation online and let fellow alumni know you’ll be attending the #LMUAlumniBBQ and #LMUReunion!
Join us in Sunken Garden:
- Enjoy live musical performances
- Participate in family-friendly activities for all ages
- Taste the new LMU Private Label Wines from Brutocao Cellars and St. Francis Winery & Vineyards
- Enjoy new craft beer selections sponsored by Hangar 24 Craft Brewery, Shock Top Brewing Co., and Goose Island Beer Co.
- Shop at the LMU Athletics Spirit Sale and LMU Bookstore tent
- Grab a photo with Iggy the Lion
- Check out the LMU Magazine Booth
- Donate to our Alumni Canned Food Drive
- Play bocce ball, volleyball, cornhole and other games in Sunken Garden
- Meet the new men's basketball coach, Mike Dunlap '80 and the entire LMU men's basketball team.
- Stop by the William H. Hannon Library to view special exhibits Moby Dick: a Whale of a Text (Archives & Special Collections, Level 3, 1-3 p.m.) and The Art of Yantra: Divine Transmissions (Level 3 atrium, 11 a.m. - 8 p.m.)
- Visit the Laband Art Gallery for special exhibition Following the Prescribed Path
- Celebrate the 15th, 35th and 45th Class Reunions during the Alumni BBQ! Gather with friends from the classes of 1999, 1979 and 1969 at your own tent in Sunken Garden.
- Reconnect with friends and enjoy refreshments at the Latino Alumni Association Margarita Tent, African American Alumni Association Ice Cream Tent, and MBA Alumni Association Water and Soda Tent
Gather with Alumni from your Club or Organization
The LMU Alumni Association is pleased to announce that the following groups have received enough alumni support and will be given a tent at this year's Alumni BBQ! Click here for more information.
Delta Delta Delta
Delta Sigma Phi
Delta Sigma Pi
Phi Sigma Kappa
Pi Beta Phi
Sigma Phi Epsilon
Alumni BBQ Volunteers
The Alumni BBQ would not be possible without our alumni volunteers. We need your help cooking food and serving food and drinks. Shifts are only a few hours, so you’ll still have time to enjoy the Alumni BBQ with your friends and family. Alumni Volunteers receive free admission to the Alumni BBQ and a special “thank you” gift from the Alumni Association.
Click here to view the volunteer opportunities and register online!
Alumni BBQ Photo Contest
Take your best shot! Post your photos from the Alumni BBQ on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter using #LMUAlumniBBQ for a chance to win one of four Amazon.com gift certificates!
Click here for more details and contest rules.
Directions and Parking
Please use main campus entrance off Lincoln Boulevard. Campus parking is free on weekends and directional signs will be posted for available lots. For driving directions and a map of campus go to www.lmu.edu/maps.
This year we will be celebrating the 15th, 35th and 45th Class Reunions at the Alumni BBQ! Gather your friends from the classes of 1999, 1979 and 1969 and celebrate with your own tent in Sunken Garden! Feel free to bring any photos, memorabilia and other items from your years at LMU (the LMU Alumni Association will provide yearbooks). Please contact Jacqueline M. Griego in Alumni Relations at email@example.com or 310.338.4547 for more information.
On Saturday night, everyone is invited to join us “Back in the Garden” for the Class Reunion Party to celebrate the 2009, 2004, 1994, 1989, 1984, 1974 and 1964 Class Reunions. Join them for hosted beer and wine, a light dinner buffet, DJ and dancing. To learn more, visit alumni.lmu.edu/reunion.
Official Alumni Reunion Weekend Hotel
8639 Lincoln Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90045
Book by Monday, Sept. 1 to take advantage of the special LMU rate:
$109 through July 1, then $115 through Sept. 1.
Call (877) 287-8601 and ask for the LMU Alumni Reunion Weekend room block or book online via the LMU Booking Site.
Contact Alumni Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org or 310.338.3065.